February 2014 Edition
After a 3-week spell of bluebird skies and warmer temps, the last week of January invited winter back by dumping almost 30 inches of fresh powder over 3 days. February has been non-stop powder, keeping our conditions prime and pushing the Gunnison Valley up to 105% of average snowpack! The best conditions we've seen in a few years...
Also, check out the latest update regarding recent discussions on the sale of Crested Butte Mountain Resort. The positive that can be taken from this news is that the market can now provide a healthy and stable growth, rather than a "bubble and burst" had it sold.
On the 2014 Horizon
A little over a year ago, my updated website launched, with a goal of providing you a better user experience. Next on the horizon is to launch a mobile-friendly site, making it easier for you to get the information that you need while on the go. In March, I'll be sending out a short survey. The insights you provide will help ensure that both my newsletters and website give you the exact information you want.
What's Happening in the Market
Our market rebounded in 2013, as real estate sales increased 69% over 2012, and continues to show trends that we'll maintain this comfortable upswing in 2014. Significant numbers include:
- $130,271,937 worth of single-family homes and condos in the upper valley sold, encompassing 270 transactions
- 27 of these properties were over $1M, which is a 63% increase over 2012
- 5 of those properties were over $2M versus only 2 in 2012
- $13,912,236, comprised of 67 land transactions, closed in 2013 (including 2 over $1M in the town of Crested Butte)
Review Benson Sotheby's 2013 Year End Report | Read about how luxury returns to housing
Office and Personal Stats
In 2013, Benson Sotheby's International Realty remained the top Crested Butte brokerage, having sold over $30M (33%) more real estate transactions and 36% more listings than our closest competitor. Our office had four of the top five agents in Crested Butte.
In addition, I'm honored that I landed at number one in Crested Butte for amount of transactions and number three in overall volume. Much of that is thanks to you, my clients and friends.
Exclusive Property of the Month
Listing: 12 Gold Link Drive, Mt. Crested Butte
Offered at: $1,000,000 - Price Reduced $250K!
Details: 4 Bedrooms, 3 Full Baths, 2,757 sqft, .69 Acres
Beautifully finished single story home in the ultra convenient Gold Link neighborhood on Mt. Crested Butte. Easy ski access, with commanding views. This well built home has an open floor plan and vaulted ceilings, making this residence perfect for entertaining.
Check Out Crested Butte in the News
- Austin CultureMap ~ Ski Vacation
- Fodors ~ Mountain Town Distilleries
- USA Today ~ 10 Best Ski Destinations
- The Gazette ~ Winter Paradise
- News OK ~ Happy CB Memories
- YouTube ~ 2013 Santa Crawl
- The Artery ~ Christmas Around the World
- Powder Magazine ~ Best Ski Town
- Wall Street Journal ~ Learning to Drive a Snowcat
Corey Dwan | Benson Sotheby's International Realty
401 Elk Avenue | Crested Butte, CO 81224
970-596-3219 Cell | 970-349-6654 Fax
Corey.Dwan@SothebysRealty.com | CrestedButteCollection.com